The use of Flexitank to import liquids is the optimal and cost-effective solution since it allows conventional containers to be used, which reduces costs of shipping by sea.
Its mobility, flexibility and large storage capacity are other characteristics that have made this system one of the most demanded to import all types of non-hazardous liquids.
The Flexitank is a bag made from flexible, resistant and lightweight polyethylene, designed to contain and transport non-hazardous liquids in bulk. Installed inside a conventional 20-foot container, it has the capacity to store 24,000 liters of product.
One of its main advantages is its ease of use. The loading and unloading of the liquid is done through a valve, very quickly and without the need of a large number of operators.
Another important feature of Flexitank to import liquids in bulk is that the materials used for its manufacture allow the transport of food. This system is authorized by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) of the United States and by other international organizations for its reliability and environmental sustainability.
Most importers prefer the Flexitank for a single use, since it eliminates the possibility of contamination in the transport of goods. In addition, these polyethylene bags, also known as Flexibag or Flexitanque, can be recycled for other uses without causing environmental problems.
Therefore, once the product has reached its destination, the Flexitank can be reused. In this case, you should always consider whether the cleaning cost of the bag compensates.
According to the number of layers that the Flexitank contains, we can speak of three types:
- Multilayer - They are much more flexible than those of a single layer, so that at the end of the discharge they can be rolled to extract the remains of the liquid. In this way the product losses are reduced to the maximum;
- Monolayer - They are more resistant and difficult to break but have the disadvantage that you can not recover all the content. Its main advantage is that it prevents waste to remain between layers;
- Bilayer - It is the evolution of the two previous types. The bilayer Flexitank consists of a flexible inner layer and an outer layer with greater rigidity.
Likewise, there are Flexitanks of superior or inferior load. The lower load are easier to empty and the most used for food liquids.
The loading and unloading procedure is very fast and simple with both systems. The only requirement to take into account is that its elimination must be done by a certified company that is responsible for recycling.
With the Flexitank it is possible to import liquids in bulk if they are not dangerous. It can be used for food products and for a host of industrial products.
These are some examples of use:
- Edible oils;
- Mineral oils;
- Printing inks;
- Juices and fruit concentrates;
- Natural or synthetic latex;
- Drinking water;
- Food Additives;
- Liquid sugar;
As we have seen, Flexitank has numerous benefits for importers. In summary, the most important are the following:
- Transportation costs are reduced;
- Loading and unloading costs are minimized;
- Larger loading capacity available;
- It can be recycled and reused;
- It is respectful with the environment;
- Disposables avoid the danger of contamination with other products;
- It is not necessary to clean it;
- They are cheaper than other containers, such as IBCs or cisterns;
- Can transport both food and industrial products;
- It accepts liquids with temperatures between -20ºC and 80ºC.
Meriodional uses Flexitank to package various products that it exports to the whole world. Ask us about this and other types of packaging, including on demand for your specific needs.
Source: Bull Importer